Friday, September 21, 2007

Finding Passion

Two things y'all.

First is a favorite new song for me from Seal called "Human Beings". He sings with such passion and self-expression that he is a singer I truly admire, and I think it is really apparent in this song.

Second thing is a great podcast that really hits home for me. Ariel & Shya talk with Lenore about how to find her passion, and also about the way in which artists often impede themselves in their own lives with a very particular conversation. The conversation goes something like this.... "But I shouldn't have to work, I'm an artist!" Living in this conversation is a sure way not to be present, and certainly never a way to be happy as someone who does any kind of artistic endeavor. Being and artist with your life with whatever you are doing, wherever you are. All it takes is simple and full engagement in whatever you are doing, to come back to present, and to an enlightened way of being. It's so much easier than I ever imagined, once the judgments about myself and others drop, and I enjoy the moment wherever I am.

Listen to the Podcast on Finding Passion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The is the most enlightening podcast...thanks for putting it on your wonderful site.